PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for drinking, hotels, daytrips etc across Vietnam

robwotson
07-22-2011, 03:20 AM
Travelling as a group of three. Ho Chi Minh -> Nha Trang -> Da Nang (Hoi An) -> Hanoi (inc. Halong Bay)

Any assistance/recommendations of accommodation, night life and day trips/hotspots are much appreciated and welcomed.

Accommodation condition: 1) proximity to watering holes (drink and food), 2) able to secure cameras, cheap is good - though 4) with minimal concession to safety and security; of person and belongings. 4) 3 persons to a room.
Night Life condition: 1) contains/attracts other travellers; 2) positive reputation/your experience; 3)friendly safe environment
Day trips/hotsports condition: 1) if large outlay of money it should be 'unique experience' (i.e. A Vietnam must) . 2) Photogenic is a plus.

ALSO:
what are some cultural must visits/pay respects/experiences (already adding War Memorial Sites)
AND Unfortunately missing out on the Bangkok tailors that are highly recommended (well some). Any recommendations or thoughts on those of Vietnam?
AND What beaches or destinations made your hotlist?

AND This is a Nov - Dec trip 2010 so if you're in the area give me a holla and we can all chill over a beer, bucket or whatever the case.

Finally.
I've gone through the postings and have benefited from a great deal of your posts... i endeavor to put up our experiences and return some of that favour.

xenosadams
07-22-2011, 08:19 AM
Hue citadel, Hue 'tombs and temples' tour, Marble Mountains near Danang, My Son near Danang. Mekong Delta. And just about everywhere in Hanoi. Try the Museum of Ethnology. Sounds drier than a prune in the desert but it is fascinating with exceptional life size replicas of ancient building styles.