Default Iceland volcano halts air traffic throughout Europe

---Quote--- An ash cloud from Iceland's spewing volcano halted air traffic across a wide swath of Europe on Thursday, grounding planes on a scale unseen since the 2001 terror attacks as authorities stopped all flights over Britain, Ireland and the Nordic countries. Thousands of flights were cancelled, stranding tens of thousands of passengers, and officials said it was not clear when it would be safe enough to fly again. An aviation expert said it was the first time in living memory that an ash cloud had affected some of the most congested airspace in the world, while a scientist in Iceland said the ejection of volcanic ash — and therefore disruptions in air travel — could continue for days or even weeks. “At the present time it is impossible to say when we will resume flying,” said Henrik Peter Joergensen, the spokesman for Copenhagen's airport in Denmark, where some 25,000 passengers were affected. ..... The move shut down London's five major airports including Heathrow, a major trans-Atlantic hub that handles over 1,200 flights and 180,000 passengers per day. Airport shutdowns and flight cancellations spread eastward across Europe — to France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Denmark, Ireland, Sweden, Finland and Switzerland — and the effects reverberated worldwide. ---End Quote---

Cheap Flights
    Cheap Vacation Packages

Iceland... My dream...
    I want to go there for two weeks with tents and my beloved one. I'll definitely go there.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRiden View Post
    Iceland... My dream...
    I want to go there for two weeks with tents and my beloved one. I'll definitely go there.
    Me too. But a dream is just a dream. When life was simple, it was not easy for us to have. Such is life!