Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anyone been to Egypt? what to see? what to buy?

What is cheap in Egypt? Im a 29 year old girl, love makeup, perfume, clothes, shoes, etc. Is clothing expensive there? what about jewellry? what places should I see? please, I need lots of info!!!!

Adventure travel and tours

Egypt is a shopper's paradise - especially if you're interested in Egyptian-themed souvenirs and kitsch. However, there are also a number of high quality goods for sale, often at bargain prices. Some of the most popular purchases include: .
    Antiques
    Carpets and rugs
    Cotton goods and clothing Can be bought at Khan El Khalili for around 30-40 EGP. Better quality Egyptian cotton clothing can be bought at various chain stores including Mobaco Cottons and Concrete which have many branches throughout the country.
    Jewellery Cartouches make a great souvenir. These are metal plates shaped like an elongated oval and have engravings of your name in hieroglyphics
    Perfume - Perfumes can be bought at almost every souvenir shop. Make sure that you ask the salesman to prove to you that there is no alcohol mixed with the perfume.
    here are many malls in Egypt, the most common being Citystars Mall, which is the largest entertainment center in the Middle East and Africa.
    Last edited by alexrock23; 06-14-2010 at 05:35 AM.

Hello Friends..!!

The major attractions in Egypt include the many historically important places such as the various pyramids and the temples of Ancient Pharoic civilization, the Sphinx and the mosques.The other important places for tourist interest include the oases in the Eastern and Western Desert of Egypt. The Sinai region of Egypt is one of the highest visited places in Egypt....So,one can recommend these places to visit in Egypt...

And about shopping and jewelery,these are not so expensive...Their cost is average ,so one can also prefer it, whose wallet is not so big.......

With Regards,
    Tom Ruderr.

That great article, i also planning to go there in my next summer holidays, i looking for some information about Egypt, but here is vary nice useful information, thanks for sharing, here is best tips and information. really great job. Egypt is my one of favorite destination.

Quote Originally Posted by alexrock23 View Post
    Egypt is a shopper's paradise - especially if you're interested in Egyptian-themed souvenirs and kitsch. However, there are also a number of high quality goods for sale, often at bargain prices. Some of the most popular purchases include: .
    Antiques
    Carpets and rugs
    Cotton goods and clothing Can be bought at Khan El Khalili for around 30-40 EGP. Better quality Egyptian cotton clothing can be bought at various chain stores including Mobaco Cottons and Concrete which have many branches throughout the country.
    Jewellery Cartouches make a great souvenir. These are metal plates shaped like an elongated oval and have engravings of your name in hieroglyphics
    Perfume - Perfumes can be bought at almost every souvenir shop. Make sure that you ask the salesman to prove to you that there is no alcohol mixed with the perfume.
    here are many malls in Egypt, the most common being Citystars Mall, which is the largest entertainment center in the Middle East and Africa.
    Yeah, Agreed with you. Number of places for shopping in Egypt. Last year, I was in Egypt and I purchased jewellery for my girl friend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast