Default Dual citizenship - expired Russian international pasport

Hi everyone! I would appreciate some advice regarding the situation I found myself in --

I moved to the US in the mid-90s when I was still a child. After living here with relatives and a student visa for a while, I was eventually adopted by another local relative and her husband who is a US citizen. I became a citizen soon afterwards. At this time my legal last name was changed to a hyphenated version, e.g. "Sidorova-Johnson", and that's the name I've used on all US documentation ever since. My family never changed my Russian documents to match this or told the Russian consulate that the adoption took place.

Now my international Russian passport has expired and I was wondering about the best way to renew it with the least hassle, time and money. I would prefer to keep both of my citizenships.

So far I see three ways of renewing all my documents:
    1) Just show up as I am, with different names in my Russian and USA passports -- see what the consulate employees say. I will likely have to change the name on all my Russian documents - pasport and zagranpasport, right? I worry that it will take a long time.
    2) Get a Russian visa in my US passport and renew the Russian zagranpasport while I am on a visit there. Not sure if this crosses into illegal territory at all...
    3) Change my legal last name back to the original "Sidorova", then deal with Russian documents.

If anyone has experience with this issue or any feedback -- please let me know!! I am utterly confused and frankly very scared of the Russian bureaucracy.

What kind of patriotism in your heart!

Change my legal last name back to the original "Sidorova", then deal with Russian documents.

I want to express my gratitude to the entire company https://www.lithuaniancitizenship.co...nian-passport/ team for their help in obtag Lithuanian citizenship. From the beginning to the end of the process I felt in good hands. Their professional approach, deep knowledge and attention to detail made this journey much easier than I could have imagined. I would especially like to note their willingness to always meet and resolve any issues that arise. My gratitude is endless and I confidently recommend their services to anyone seeking Lithuanian citizenship.