Default Is it just me or Brazil is mainly a Manual Transmission country ?

A lot of the car rental companies i checked only show them as having manual transmission vehicles. And the few that had automatic like Toyota Corolla or something... it was running around after converting from BRL R$ to CAD, it was $200-500 CAD/day (more expensive than renting an Escalade in Canada) ... meanwhile, a manual tranny goes for $50/CAD per day ??? What's up with this ? Is it just me ? I really want to rent a car in Brazil (don't know how to drive manual tranny).. and i don't want to end up paying into the $1000s to rent a car for a week ... Now if i learn manual trans ... it costs $300/lessons ... i don't know anyone who drives manual. Should i just pay $1000s to rent automatic ? Costs more than the airfare to get down there... sheesh. Of course the other option is to fly cheap to Cancun, Mexico or somewhere and rent a manual vehicle for cheap and practice there ... What to do ? what to do ?? I am getting the sense that everyone in Brazil drives manual tranny... Now I wonder how much gas price in Brazil costs ... does anyone know ?

Adventure travel and tours

Olá! Podes dizer-me isso?