Default Yellow Mountain (Huangshan), China

Anyone been to Huangshan? My family's planning a trip to Shanghai, Huangzhou and HK in September; I've been to all 3 places so not that interesting to me but what has sparked interest is Huangshan (Yellow Mountain). I've searched TripAdvisor and some other sites but didn't get the depth of info I was looking for, so as usual, I turn to . Some things I am interested in are: a) My family will be the typical family travelers (i.e. lotsa big luggage) -- my wife, her parents, grandmother, and our 2-year old son.We really want to spend 4 days in the area, but from reading the forums, doesn't look like hauling luggage up to the top is a real option. Can anyone confirm this? How far are the hotels from the cable cars? b) how difficult/long are the hikes. I'm thinking of bringing my backpack carrier for my 2-year old son. c) any recommendations for hotels at the bottom or at the top of the mountain? I am thinking realistically the best option is that we stay at the bottom, and one night me and my father in law stay at the top so we can take pictures of the sunrise?

Adventure travel and tours

Huangshan, is a mountain go in southern Anhui territory in eastern China. Vegetation on the range is thickest underneath 1,100 meters, with trees growing up to the treeline at 1,800 meters.