Default Questions on travelling to Punta Cana

Hello All,I will be travelling to Punta Cana this August with a group. We will be 5 adults and 2 kids (4 & 5 yr old). I have some questions and need your advice on the following:Please note that I have read info from the Tripadvisors and DebbiesCarribbean web sites and have done a search in this forum but would like to get more of your specific experience.1) What is the best place for money exchange? Other than the banks, is it the airport or the resort?2) What are the best excursions & their prices (half day or full day)? What excursions to avoid at all costs.3) What are the best places to shop, mainly for souvenirs & liquor to bring back? What is the best thing to bring back, rum?4) For 7 people, what is the best local transportation mean? Taxi, bus???5) We'll be staying at the Grand Paradise Bavario. Any comments, advice?6) What to bring from Canada? What to leave home?7) Is Canadian currency widely accepted? Is it better to bring USD?8) How safe is the area? Thanks!
    Adventure travel and tours

Punta Cana is a popular vacation destination within the Dominican Republic on the island of Hispanola. With its white-sand beaches and warm Caribbean waters, Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic is ready-made for relaxation.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffronald19 View Post
    Punta Cana is a popular vacation destination within the Dominican Republic on the island of Hispanola. With its white-sand beaches and warm Caribbean waters, Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic is ready-made for relaxation.
    i agree with you.

Thanks its really a great place to visit.