Default Travelmate wanted Aug/Sept 2009 - Hong Kong & Guangdong Province (Southern China)

I am looking for travel partner/s for a forthcoming trip to Hong Kong and southern China.

I am a professional photographer and have been commissioned to photograph at a conference in Hong Kong where I need to be from Sat 12th Sept to Sat 19th Sept. I want to do all my travelling (approx 3 weeks) before the conference.

An approximate itinerary (based on my limited knowledge of the area) would be:
    • 1 week in Hong Kong/New Territories visiting surrounding area/islands.
    • About 10 days travelling up and around one of the rivers/waterways north west of Hong Kong on the China mainland. I have looked at a map and the following appear interesting (although I have no knowledge whatsoever about them!): Xi Jang River, with the cities, Jiujiang and Zhaoqing along the river. Guangzhou and Dongugan, more to the east - basically the southern part of Guangdong province.
    • 1 week back in Hong Kong/New Territories and surrounding area/islands.

I’m 55, fairly fit & healthy and enjoy independent travelling. Based on past travelling experiences, I much prefer to visit places/locations/areas away from the traditional ‘tourist sites’. In an urban/city environment, I love walking the streets and photographing ‘street life’, i.e. people getting on with their daily life, markets, architecture, construction/building site activities, small business activities etc. But I am also attracted (less so) to natural beauty spots where one can relax and ‘chill out’ and possibly take some picturesque landscape/flora/fauna/agricultural images.

I am not the type of person who wants to see and do 101 things in a short space of time - I would much prefer to experience a more ‘in-depth’ knowledge/experience of area/s visited.

With regards accommodation, I would be happy in budget hotels/hostels, as long as I have my own room and ideally private bathroom facilities.

I hope you will get in touch and we can take it from there!
    Asia Travel

The peak strength of Hato was when it was a moderate typhoon, equivalent to a Category 2 hurricane in the eastern Pacific and Atlantic oceans. It was at this strength that Hato made landfall, just southwest of Hong Kong during early Wednesday afternoon, local time.

You know sometimes you are entitled to be a bit paranoid, and for this time right on the money.
    ------------------------------------------------
    magento 2 extensions free extensions for magento 2.0 faq magento 2 extension