Hello, Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but is the forum I used most. So I just booked flights for my families (three adults, one infant) from Beijing,China to Toronto, with 1 stop (3 hours gap) at Tokyo, Japan. They all have Chinese passport but hold visitor visa to Canada (or as a PR in Canada) but not visa to Japan. The flight is through ANA airline, but operated by Air China and Air Canada, respectively. Before I book the flight, during inquiries, both the people from the Expedia and the travel agency my wife asked in China said that we don't need a visa to Japan. However, after booking the flight, when I called ANA in Canada, the one I spoke with said it was recommended to get a visa to Japan, and it happened before that people have trouble without visa to Japan, and we need to go through a immigration office during the connection in Japan, they suggest us to ask the Japanese embassy in China for policies. Just wondering any one know any thing about this and any one have recent experience with connection flight in a third country? I thought they will just need to go from one gate to another gate in Japan and does not need a visa, but the phone conversion with ANA concerns me. Any opinion is appreciated. Thanks