Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default What's good in smartphone apps for travelers?

Hi,

I've never owned a smartphone before as I my employer won't allow camera phones on site (I work in the automotive sector with prototype vehicles) and I want to have a GPS with me when I head to South America later this year.

I've been doing a bit of research and I'm thinking of buying a phone to use then selling it when I get back. I'm trying to find out what good apps there are for travelers. Things of interest to me are GPS integrated city tours, PDF readers (for reading travel guide books), Spanish/Portuguese/English translation or phrase book apps. Anything like that.

I've yet to decide what type of phone or operating system to get, that will depend on software compatibility.

So, what apps are useful to travelers like us?

Thanks
    Travel Gear

Nowadays, There are many smart phone announced like Nokia N97 and Iphone in which We can get online map, Through which We can get online information about the places. Means It would be help for find the places/area at new place where We have never gone before.

For travelers, I think GPS is the best applications in the smartphone. GPS, or global positioning, systems are very quickly becoming a standard in most new automobiles, and are even finding their way onto a variety of new cell phones. Here are some benefits:

- Significance
    - Directions
    - Safety
    - Destination Stops
    - Avoid traffic

Many play the app development game, few make what could even pass as part-time income from it. You actually might have a better shot at striking it rich as a freelance writer. Hell, just play the lottery instead better odds.It presents a alternative way to organise information that looks interesting and is timely as icons clutter is already a problem and going to get worse.

Auto GPS is the best application in smartphone for travelers. Auto navigation systems and GPS devices are everywhere you turn in this day and age. An auto GPS system can be highly useful, especially if you do a lot of traveling.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast