Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Amsterdam for one night

Hi all,I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on where to stay in Amsterdam. I am going backpacking through Eastern Europe and have a full day in Amsterdam. I was wondering if anyone can point out some decent hostels they stayed in, the cheaper the better .Also besides the Red light district and the "cafes", are there anything I should check out. I was looking at the Van Gogh Museum and Anne Frank house.Thx

Travel World
    Travel Australia

Hi! The van Gogh Museum in quite far from the center of the city but I think it is worthy of your attention. Regarding Anne Frank's House, I do not recommend it. It's a dull house near a river, that's all! However, I recommend the Dam Square mostly because you can visit the Royal Palace and/or the Madame Tussaud Museum! The Dam Square can lead you to Leidseplein, which is full of bars and restaurants!

Hi! I hate visiting museums. If I would like to spend one day in Amsterdam, I will do it on Rembrandtplein or in nearby. Lovely place, full of my favourite pubs, with trams going to all corners of Amsterdam.
    Dam Square is overrated and overcrowded.

I also never been in Amsterdam but I just search "night in Amsterdam" & I found some result ! I came to know that its amazing experiecne with Amsterdam for one night.

Last edited by claudiacarbis; 12-17-2012 at 02:00 AM.

This is more than enough for a day's trip! You've almost covered all the major places. Take a canal tour, eat some stamppot boerenkool, mashed potatoes streaked with curly kale, and the famous cheese & French fries. Head to the Heineken Brewery. That's it. A perfect day in Amsterdam!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast