Our Oct vacation is really approaching now and I haven't booked the hotels in HK yet! Our family (2 adults with a 4 year old) will be traveling with other 4 relatives. All the other 4 are younger ones and they plan to shop/party etc. till they drop, so they booked one of those hostels in Tsim Sha Tsui. It's super cheap, like $30/night. But us with a young kid, I'm sure we'll stay longer in the hotel rooms and I don't think the hostels will be the best choice for us. ----We'll spend about 2-3 nights in HK ----my must-see list includes Ocean Park, the Peak and the Light Show at the harbour (not sure if I can fit in a night cruise in the harbour the same night). ----I would like to do some shopping but not super crazy about it With the above mentioned background, is it possible for me to find some decent hotels below $150/night? ---- with my must-see list, does it matter which area of HK I should stay? How good/bad is transportation in HK? ---- in general, how much of a difference is it between a hostel and say $100/night (i.e. lower-end) hotels ---- any recommanded website for hotel bookings? Sorry for all the questions, I'm not very familiar with HK and I'm running out of time Any suggestion is greatly appreciated!