Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Health Insurance Cuba

Was just looking at a few travel websites, They state that you need to show prove that you own insurance, before leaving the airport... If you dont have it then you will need to purchase it before leaving the airport.I have a Td Travel Visa i thought i could use for travel insurance? How would i show them documents that im covered?

Travel World
    Travel Australia

In Cuba, health care is considered a human right for all citizens; health care is therefore a national priority. Cuba's health policy emphasizes prevention, primary care, services in the community, and the active participation of citizens. These emphases have produced an impressively high ranking on major health indicators, despite economic handicaps. The Cuban experience demonstrates the influence of ideological commitment and policy-making on the provision of health care and challenges the assumption that high-quality care for all citizens requires massive financial investment. If you have supplemental coverage from a group plan, for example, from work, etc. and it includes travel insurance you can decide for yourself if the coverage is adequate.

Supplemental health insurance urged

Provincial plans may cover only part of the costs and will not pay the bill up front as Cuba requires, Foreign Affairs noted.

"It is therefore recommended that travellers purchase supplemental health insurance," the department said.

In Cuba, health care is considered a human right for all citizens; health care is therefore a national priority. Cuba's health policy emphasizes prevention, primary care, services in the community, and the active participation of citizens.

According to me, health care is important for all citizens. There are many health problems like heart problems, kidney problems and many other health related problem could arise at any time. So it is important for taking health insurance or medical insurance for us and for family members.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast