Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default "SocMed in Travel"

First to post; this is a first for me. I noticed that social media tools are picking up a great deal of steam in general. I have seen how the travel industry is taking advantage of this new medium. Twitter is a popular one: discounts, service updates, and most importantly interaction with the consumer! It’s direct interaction too. What I find most interesting is that it’s not just about ranting and raving. These are open, genuine conversations between these large companies and travelers. It’s as though industries are now on level with common people, and that’s refreshing. I like how Amtrak California uses twitter They keep their customers up to date and address individual questions. Now, I wonder: how many of these travel companies are on foursquare? Talk about gag momentum.

Last edited by TravelSimpleScott; 04-21-2010 at 02:25 PM.

Socmed is nothing but a type of travel guide which helps in providing a perfect location and advisors relating to the travel, in which twitter is very popular. It recommends the list of a best hotels. Its main motive is that to keep their customers with an upgrade information and are also willing to answer any question by the customers.

I find that type of information to be advantageous. 140 characters is not a lot of room to write up a review so it's nice to have a source for a succinct review or recommendation.
    Do you ever use twitter while making your travel plans?

Socmed is a type of travel guide which helps in providing a perfect location and advisors relating to the travel, in which twitter is very famous. It recommends the list of the best hotels. Its main intention is that to keep their customers with an up to date information and are also willing to answer any question by the customers.

Newbie Here
    Hello friends,i am Madona from India,i have joined this forum to be aprt of some healthy and intelligent discussions.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast