Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Paraguay?

Default Paraguay?

While I know many people whoe were travelling around in Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Uruguay and Bolivia, I never met anyone who travelled in Paraguay. Is it generally not advisable to go there? Clearly they have a lot of problems with corruption and crime, but who bad is it for tourists? I would appreciate to hear from anyone who was travelling in Paraguay recently - how was it?

Actually Paraguay is not that bad as far as i know about crime rates.
    Countries like Colombia and Panama(which i have lived for over 2 years) are far more crime active.
    Seriously Paraguay is an infant baby in front of the above countries.
    Paraguay just doesnt have seasights. Doesnt Have anything.
    Just Like Romania...Empty.

Corruption and crime are in all over the world so I think you will not worry about this. I’d recommend you visiting Dubai where crime rate are less and it has plenty of sightseeing like desert safari, dhow cruise, beaches and ski Dubai etc.

Quote Originally Posted by HolRockers View Post
    While I know many people whoe were travelling around in Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Uruguay and Bolivia, I never met anyone who travelled in Paraguay. Is it generally not advisable to go there? Clearly they have a lot of problems with corruption and crime, but who bad is it for tourists? I would appreciate to hear from anyone who was travelling in Paraguay recently - how was it?
    Is Paraguay safe for the visiting....

Indians speaking Guaraní—the most common language in Paraguay today, after Spanish—were the country's first inhabitants. In 1526 and again in 1529, Sebastian Cabot explored Paraguay when he sailed up the Paraná and Paraguay rivers. From 1608 until their expulsion from the Spanish dominions in 1767, the Jesuits maintained an extensive establishment in the south and east of Paraguay. In 1811, Paraguay revolted against Spanish rule and became a nominal republic under two consuls.

Paraguay was governed by three dictators during the first 60 years of independence. The third, Francisco López, waged war against Uruguay, Brazil, and Argentina in 1865–1870, a conflict in which half the male population was killed. A new constitution in 1870, designed to prevent dictatorships and internal strife, failed to do so, and not until 1912 did a period of comparative economic and political stability begin. The Chaco War (1932–1935) with Bolivia won Paraguay more western territory.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast