Default Going to Jamaica

My wife and I are going in april and wish to stay off resort (villa) ,,lots of reviews say people love this and feel safe and other things you read say its dangerous? any feed back would be appreciated ,we are fairly adventurous and travel often. Thanks in advance.

Travel World
    Travel Australia

Yes, Jamaica is one of the best Islands in Caribbean and also the top honeymoon destination. There are lots of places over there but Negril is one of the finest destinations of Jamaica. You can do different types of activities like swimming, snorkeling and scuba diving etc.

First I want to say to those of you who are looking for marvelous rooms, expensive drapes, and gourmet room-service, either visit Paris or stay home! I read the reviews prior to booking with this hotel and I was NOT disappointed. Knowing that Jamaica really isn't a rich country, I was fully prepared for the pits but instead, I was pleasantly surprised. We were greeted with smiles and by our names everyday, the staff was wonderful. Always cheerful and up for a laugh and sure, you get what you pay for so go with an open mind and act like you're on VACATION and you'll be fine! Our room was clean and neat, everything worked just fine, food was great. We chose the all inclusive plan which was wonderful for our first visit. Visitors to Jamaica must have a return ticket and be able to show sufficient funds for their visit. U.S. citizens traveling to Jamaica for work or extended stays are required to have a current U.S. passport and a visa issued by the Jamaican Embassy or a Jamaican Consulate.

Jamaica's situation is complex and so is the solution, but we do believe that sustainable tourism is one very important piece of it. If you want to go to Jamaica Your holiday trip to Jamaica is close. the world's 'respect mahn' for its distinct foods, fabulous music and their easy going attitude towards life.

Jamaica, a Caribbean island nation, has a lush topography of mountains, rainforests and reef-lined beaches. Many of its all-inclusive resorts are clustered in Montego Bay, with its British-colonial architecture, and Negril, known for its diving and snorkeling sites. Jamaica is famed as the birthplace of reggae music, and its capital Kingston is home to the Bob Marley Museum, dedicated to the famous singer.