2 pig's feet
    1 tablespoon salt
    2 (15 ounce) cans white hominy, drained
    1 teaspoon dried oregano
    2 cloves garlic, crushed
    2 tablespoons chopped onion
    4 dried hot red chile pepper pods, seeded and diced

Directions

Place meat, pork rinds, and pork shanks in a large kettle and add about 5 quarts of water or enough to cover meat. Add approximately 1 tablespoon salt and bring to a boil. Cook over medium heat for about 1 1/2 hours.
    Remove excess grease and set aside. Reserve liquid.
    Wash the posole very carefully until the water is clear so as to remove lime from kernels. Put in large kettle and cover with water. Boil until posole has popped.
    Mix meat, posole, rind, and shanks or pigs' feet. Add oregano, garlic, onion, and chile pods. Let simmer for about 1/2 hour.

There are many hotels and restaurants in Mexico city. Posole is the common dish in Mexico. I like this dish because though it is common dish, it made with special items which make it very spicy. You can easily get this dish in the Jalisco region of Mexico.

This Mexican pork stew can be served without the pork rinds and pigs' feet, if desired, but it will not be authentic. Posole may be served as a main dish with tortillas or crackers. Posole can be found in the meat section if it is available in your area. If not available, hominy can be substituted in the same quantities but no rinsing or pre-cooking is needed. Add red chili sauce and leave the seeds in the peppers for a hotter/spicier taste. You can also add one can of tomatoes to enhance the flavor of the stew

This recipe was taught to me by my friend Mary, who was raised in Mexico, when she learned that I didn't like Menudo. She adds a whole jalepeno to the recipe, but that's to hot for me. The prep and cook time doesn't include cook time for the pork.
    Last edited by MichaelKWilson; 03-20-2015 at 01:43 AM.

In New Mexico, there is plenitude and liberality and a lot of solace nourishment at occasion parties. Posole, the exquisite and healthy, rather soupy stew produced using dried vast white corn pieces stewed for quite a long time, is conventional and simple to get ready. Mix in a rosy red purée of dried New Mexico chiles to give the stew its essential kick. This is fulfilling, sustag, bracing charge. The corn stays a tiny bit chewy magnificently (canned hominy never does), and the fiery soup is overwhelming.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast