Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Rome vs. London for a first timer

Hi All,

My good friend and I are going to book a vacation package in September and have narrowed it down to either London or Rome (for 6 nights in either place). While we'd love to do a week in each place, it's unfortunately unfeasible for me because of work obligations. She has been to both before but when she was younger and with her family (we are in our mid-twenties) and I have never been to either. Both look so amazing for different reasons and we're having trouble deciding, as they are obviously 2 completely different cities. What are your opinions on one versus the other? Another question I have (which won't necessarily be THE deciding factor, but I'm nontheless curious) is how does the nightlife compare in each city? Help us make our decision!! Thanks SO MUCH

They feel very different though, so it's really a question of what kind of things you want to see and what kind of vibe you want. I spent about three days in each city swirl just long enough to get a taste. Rome felt more foreign to me if it makes sense that many was because of the language barrier, but cultural differences such as fashion, lifestyle, architecture, etc. Parts of London felt a bit like New York City for me, though of course there is much history and architecture is completely different.

Those cities are absolutely different and if you have the chance my advice is to go to both of them. London is great example for urban megapolis and cultural heritage while Rome is one of the most famous world's museums under open sky.

I'm from London, but I'd recommend Rome! Depends on what you're in to really - London has amazing shops and nightlife, Rome is all about the ancient history...

Both are good but I personally suggest Rome which is a lifetime experience. You can visit London anytime and have a great fun.
    Explore the best beaches on your Cyprus Holidays

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast