Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Cost of Living in Singapore

I have an offer for short term position in Singapore but I have no idea about the living cost. I heard that it is relatively expensive and some people prefer to do their shopping in Malaysia. Does someone has any idea of how much I need per month for accommodation and other living expenses? I may stay up to 6 months there. Any answer is really appreciated.

Housing $2,500
    Taxes- 15%
    Food- $1,000

Yes, I'd say $8,000 per month should cover it.

Singapore can be a costly country. It is difficult to survive here without a good job. But at the same, this country offers a handsome salary to all employees or workers. One can enjoy a world class lifestyle in Singapore.

$2500 is pretty high. I'm sure u can find good options at half the price.

If you are living extravagantly then u need heaps of money. $8000 is way more than I would say you need. Yes its more expensive than Malaysia but its not crazy expensive. You can always find decent cheaper options for most things. But I agree if you are moving here you will want to ask for a pretty good salary, otherwise u are moving here to stinge on things and that wont be fun. I'd say maybe $4000 on the lower end of a comfortable lifestyle without too much budgeting.
    "One's destination is never a place but a new way of seeing things."

Freelance travel writer, hobby photographer. Contributor at Wego travel.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast