Default Melbourne to Cairns - 17 days - IDEAS HELP!

Hi Everyone,

My friend and I are visiting Australia for a few weeks (we'd love to stay longer but are constrained by work). We land Jan 7th (2012)in the evening, and had booked a campervan for 20 nights with a travel agent, but then found out that their booking system didn't take into account the rental office being closed for weekends and holidays, still we cant get a refund for the lost days. So we now pick up the van on the morning of the 9th, and have only 16 nights to get up to Cairns, and get a flight back early of the 26th.

We know there will be a lot of driving but can live with that by getting up and driving every morning for a few hours. We want to have as many 'experiences' as possible and aren't too bothered about going slowly.

We have agreed that we'd love to have a go at cage diving if the chance is available en route, try surfing (although i can't swim!!!), and see the great barrier reef / baby turtles. I'd like to see some of the 'big things' aswell. We will probably spend at least a day each in Sydney and Brisbane, and we are in Melbourne for 3 nights anyway (the day before we fly home is Australia Day!!)

Can anyone offer up experiences, favourite places, attractions, activities that we can cram in along the way, it would be very much appreciated. We are aware that we are visiting in high season, if this makes something prohibitively expensive/busy/not very fun, could you please let me know!

Thanks!

I can help you if you were going to Perth. But they must be exotic and give you a greatest experience of all time.

Melbourne is one of the big city in Australia. Actually Melbourne Some good places for tour & travels place. When you want to travel to Melbourne from any major London Airport. I can give you cheap option to you.

Cheap flights to Melbourne

I want to go to Melbourne too. Melbourne & Sydney is very beautiful and peace.