Default Full guided tour for New Jersey + New York?

I will be going to New Jersey for a business trip alone. I will have about 2 days of free time for leisure. I have been told by my co-workers that visiting New York City is a must while I am there. Problem is, I am a total newbie traveler. I dont travel much and never alone. I am wondering if I want to get the most of the city, should I join a full guided group tour? How many days would be suffice to see around the major attractions?I've been doing some googling and see that tours are about 5 hours long. I am afraid that might be very rushed to see the attractions. And getting from New Jersey to New York.... would a taxi be the easiest way there?

Adventure travel and tours

Nice post. Keep posting such needed information. Thank's!

Thanks for sharing this information about the guide regarding tour for New Jersey and New York. I find this information really helpful as well as informative. Keep sharing more such posts.

There are many attraction places and many things to do. Its depend on you that how much time you have. Ice skating is very popular with both New Yorkers and tourists, you can tour New Jersey's Sopranoland, it is a must see place, this four hour, guided, narrated bus tour takes you through New Jersey's Sopranoland, leaving from the Garment District in Manhattan. The tour features over 40 real-life locations from the show, including:
    1.Take a peek inside Bada Bing's
    2.See Father Phil's Parish
    3.Sit on the steps of the diner where Chris was shot
    4.Visit the spot where Big Pussy spoke with the FBI
    5.Go on location to the high school where A.J. dumped pizza boxes into the pool
    6.See Pizzaland, the Muffler Man, and other sites from the opening credits
    7.Sit at the booth where Tony sat in the restaurant where the final scene of the series was filmed.

In the New Jersey have many car rental offices, you can easily take taxi for your tour.

Comfort Inn hotel davenport