Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Travel in beijing

Beijing is not only a city with a long history but also a very modernized one. She's our political and cultural centre. She has many places of historic interest and scenic beauty. We can see high buildings everywhere. Every year lots of Chinese and foreign friends come to visit [it]

When Mom and I reached Beijing, the first thing we saw was a clear sky. The sky in Beijing was really very blue. The air in Beijing was so fresh that it made me excited.

Now in Beijing, the traffic is very convenient. There're a lot of buses, taxis, little buses ) , trolleybuses and subways [there is a subway too] (4) . Every ten minutes there must be a bus coming to the stop where you are standing.

Beijing is very clean. When I saw a rubbish-bag in my uncle's house, I didn't know what it was for at first. So my uncle told me that each family in Beijing has such bags. They have been used since last year. People put rubbish in them and take them downstairs to a certain place when they are full. Then the street cleaners take them away.

Now, Beijing people are busy working at various constructional projects. I think when the projects are finished, Beijing will be more beautiful!

Temple of Heaven, where Ming and Qing emperors performed solemn rituals for bountiful harvests; Summer Palace, the emperors' magnificent garden retreat; Ming Tombs, the majestic mausoleums of 13 Ming Dynasty emperors; The Great Wall of China, especially the world-renowned Badaling section.

Beijing's contradictions create a rip-roaring adventure for first-time visitors. Neon lights flash alongside swaying lanterns. Enormous squares yawn next to labyrinthine hútòng (alleyways). Catcalling market sellers and car horns provide a constant soundtrack.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast