Default Long Tien Pagoda Festival

Place: Long Tien Pagoda at the foot of Bai Thơ (Poem) Mountain, Ha Long City.
    Time: The official festive day is on the 24th of the third lunar month.
    Significance: Long Tien Pagoda was built quite recently, 1941, and is the largest pagoda in Hạ Long City. The festivities of the pagoda are not reserved solely for Buddhist faithful, but hold a spiritual meaning for every local.

Some locals say that every day is a festive day at Long Tien Pagoda. Foreign and domestic tourists arrive for sightseeing, while faithful burn incense and recite prayers to Buddha. But it is on the 1st and 15th days of each lunar month that they arrive in greater numbers, and particularly over Têt.

Best price tours for you : emotion cruise halong bay

When spring arrives, it is the festive season for the whole region. People call Long Tiên Pagoda Tŕnh (submit) Pagoda. They arrive to burn joss-sticks here first, afterwards to continue on a pilgrimage to Yên Tu Mountain and finally to participate in the festivities at Cua Ong Temple.

Locals organized a procession carrying palanquin pass by Tran Quoc Nghien Temple (Đuc Ong Temple) to An Duong Vuong Temple in Vung Đang via Long Tong then back to the pagoda. It was told that in the carrying palanquin race of the processions many people carrying palanquins run fast seem to fly past the canal like in the tale.
    Booking your halong bay tours with royal wing cruise. You can find more fun

What an amazing tour. I've been to Halong Bay 2 times but this is the 1st time i've ever heard about Long Tien Pagoda. I wll book this your ASAP.

I've been to Halong 3 times and in my mind, Ha long is best beautiful place. It's amazing place for tourist. Don't forget it
    Find more information of vietnam travel deals or special offer holidays

Long Tiên Pagoda was built quite recently, 1941, and is the largest pagoda in Hạ Long City. The festivities of the pagoda are not reserved solely for Buddhist faithful, but hold a spiritual meaning for every local.

Some locals say that every day is a festive day at Long Tiên Pagoda. Foreign and domestic tourists arrive for sightseeing, while faithful burn incense and recite prayers to Buddha. But it is on the 1st and 15th days of each lunar month that they arrive in greater numbers, and particularly over Têt.