Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Hello! I think you need to go to a teacher or writer who is involved with writing assignments. Not all students understand why this is needed. And if you need information about any college, then it is better to read about it on this site where I found the perfect college for myself, Tennessee technological university.

Yes, I think your best bet would be to go to an essay writing professional. But you really need to find a good essay writing service.

Please advise us about other services

I think it is important to carefully check if there is a specific prompt you need to answer. If there is none and you need to choose a topic yourself, you may try sharing something interesting about your life that will help the admission committee understand what kind of person you are. By the way, considering how much college tuition is right now, you may try applying to a few scholarship programs. As you will have to pay around $10,000-$30,000 yearly depending on a school you are applying to (YES, yearly, this is crazy, right? Check the numbers here this is shocking: https://pro-papers.com/blog/how-to-w...ollege-tuition), writing a few essays for different scholarship programs will likely help you cover some of that costs. I tried that when I was applying an it really helped cause every penny counts when you are a student.

Below are the best tips for writing a good college admission essay

1. Be concise. Even though the Common Application main essay has only a suggested minimum of 250 words, and no upper limit, every admissions officer has a big stack to read every day; he or she expects to spend only a couple of minutes on the essay. If you go over 700 words, you are strag their patience, which no one should want to do.

2. Be honest. Don't embellish your achievements, titles, and offices. It's just fine to be the copy editor of the newspaper or the treasurer of the Green Club, instead of the president. Not everyone has to be the star at everything. You will feel better if you don't strain to inflate yourself.

3. Be an individual. In writing the essay, ask yourself, "How can I distinguish myself from those thousands of others applying to College X whom I don't know—and even the ones I do know?" It's not in your activities or interests. If you're going straight from high school to college, you're just a teenager, doing teenage things. It is your mind and how it works that are distinctive. How do you think? Sure, that's hard to explain, but that's the key to the whole exercise.

4. Be coherent. Obviously, you don't want to babble, but I mean write about just one subject at a time. Don't try to cover everything in an essay. Doing so can make you sound busy, but at the same time, scattered and superficial. The whole application is a series of snapshots of what you do. It is inevitably incomplete. The colleges expect this. Go along with them.

5. Be accurate. I don't mean just use spell check (that goes without saying). Attend to the other mechanics of good writing, including conventional punctuation in the use of commas, semi-colons, etc. If you are writing about Dickens, don't say he wrote Wuthering Heights. If you write about Nietzsche, spell his name right.
    Last edited by Ingrid; 06-04-2022 at 09:16 AM.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast