Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tell me about Italy (with a 1 year old)

We'd like to visit Italy this summer while our little guy is able to fly for free. We won't be able to get away next summer so its now or never. He'll be just over 1 year during the summer. We just went to Florida so I know he can fly without freaking out. Its going to be mom/dad/little guy. We've both 40 and physically fit, have no problem walking around and being tourists. What we're looking for: - 14 days stay give or take a few - Its gotta be hot, but doesn't need to be uber hot. Ideally we'd travel when its 20-25 degrees each day. I know it can hit 30 easy later in the summer. We did Egypt and were fine in 40-50 pure heat (no humidity mind you) - We want to mostly chill at the beach and swim. I like sandy beaches, my wife hates crowds. - Plan would be to fly in , see one maybe two cities 2-3 days each then head for the beach and chill and relax. Do a bit of look around but I don't want to be in a car/bus all day and baby needs to sleep mid day. Please suggest away, neither of us have been to Italy so we don't know the area. Also, we'll have decent baggage with us cause of baby. Based on our trip to FL we'll have 2 big bags, 2 high school sized backpacks + baby stroller so I think places like Venice are out. - What's a good time of summer to visit so that its always above 20 and the water is warm enough to swim comfortably as well ? My wife doesn't care for 30+, I have no problem with heat. - Any advice on how to fly in ? What airlines are best/cheapest/reliable ? We're in Ottawa, could drive to Montreal/Toronto if it saves enough to cover the expence and PITA. - How much should we expect to pay for airfare per adult ? We could go anytime really between May-Nov but again, the weather has to be warm and the water swimable. - What are nice beach areas that won't be super crowded. I imagine its hard to find empty beaches , I just don't want to share beach towels with my neighors. - What are B&B's like, cheaper than hotels ? When in Amsterdam 2 years ago we stayed at a house , not really a B&B they had rooms they rented out... it was nice and cheap, maybe 40 euro @ day ? We don't need deluxe digs but something clean & safe. - Is it worth renting a car if we plan to stay put at the beach a lot ? I know that sounds contradicting but perhaps if ther's nice towns that have empty beaches 10 -15 mins drive away, having a car is a good idea unless there's reaosnable buses/taxi's to pick you up.

Travel Forum
    Travel Talk

IMO, Italy is one of the best countries in Europe for visiting where people are friendly and helpful. You’ll find plenty of outstanding places over there like Venice, Rome and Florence etc. I’d highly recommend to visiting there.

Italy is a country located in southern Europe. It is famous for its art and monuments. Its capital is Rome. If you go to Italy and you want to spend money than you have to pay in Euro currency. The languages spoke by people in Italy are Italian, French, German and Slovene. The most interesting places to see in Italy are Etruscan Italy, The Greek Influence, Roman ruins, Christian Italy etc.

Italy has a centuries old tradition of therapeutic spas that cater to the wellness of the entire body. It's thermal and mineral springs are world renowned for their restorative and rejuvenating powers going back to medieval days. The healing waters contain a variety of highly concentrated minerals which are used to bring about either a cure or the lessening of severity for conditions such as, skin problems, joint problems, gout, arthritis, vascular difficulties, respiratory ailments, and metabolic disorders.

Italy is very nice and beautiful city and country of southern Europe. Rome is the capital city of Italy which has so many of best place for the journey. Italy is the famous for its historical place, art and monument.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast