Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Belize vs Barbados vs Antigua vs...???

Looking into booking a 5-7 day all inclusive vacation, somewhere island-ish, preferably an all-inclusive, and willing to pay a little 'more' to get a great place... also, i am NOT looking to go to mexico / DR / cuba / st. lucia.... Can anyone recommend their favourite place to me? I'd like to go somewhere a little 'different', less touristy (maybe?), doesn't need to be family-oriented (adults only travelling), and a beautiful beach is a must... thanks in advance for your recommendations!

Travel Forum
    Travel Talk

Originally Posted by Beachdown I've been to quite a few islands in the Caribbean, and keep coming back to Barbados now, year after year. While there aren't too many AIs there, renting a house or apartment near the beach isn't too expensive. The atmosphere is more of a small town than a tourist resort, there are tons of things to do on or off the beach, the weather is almost always sunny and 30C,...

I think Barbados is really good Island in Caribbean where you can enjoy its peaceful atmosphere with outstanding places and beaches. I’d definitely recommend travelers to take a tour towards this place.

Initially Posted by Beachdown I've been to many islands in the Caribbean, and continue returning to Barbados now, after a seemingly endless amount of time. While there aren't excessively numerous AIs there, leasing a house or condo close to the shoreline isn't excessively costly. The air is to a greater extent a residential area than a traveler resort, there are huge amounts of things to do on or off the shoreline, the climate is quite often sunny and 30C.

I think St. John is a perfect combo of the two. We love St. John for the beautiful beaches, were you can sit and relax or hop in the water and snorkel. You can go to a different beach everyday. We are going to St. John in a couple of months and then doing a lake vacation in Maine in August. The majority of St. John is National Parkland. There are plenty of hiking opportunities. You can rent a dinghy, do a boat charter. Rent a villa in the hills overlooking Cruz Bay. You are close to town, but can also find seclusion. I agree with Waggie 1218. Rent a villa with a pool. There's nothing like sitting on the lanai or in the pool overlooking Cruz Bay at sunset with a glass of wine! We have had some very good meals in St. John. There are many options in Cruz Bay. The Coral Bay side is quieter, but not so convenient to restaurants. There are many sites online where you can check out villa options.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast