Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Visit Rome Colosseum

One of the best things to do in Rome is to go back more than 2,000 years by entering the Colosseum, the most spectacular monument in the city and one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
    Known as the Flavian Amphitheater in ancient times, in this large stadium with a capacity for 60,000 spectators the emperors distracted the people with shows of all kinds such as gladiator fights, re-enactments of battles or executions of prisons.
    coliseo-romano.jpg
    Although many of its architectural elements have been lost with the passage of time, it still looks impressive and is the most visited attraction in Rome with more than 6 million tourists a year.
    This large influx forms long queues, especially on weekends and in high season, which can last more than two hours. To avoid them, you can coach in Rome from 8Rental book this tour of the Colosseum, Forum and Palatine or this one that includes a view of the arena where the gladiators fought. Both are done with a guide in Spanish, something that is of great help to know all its history and imagine it as it was in the time of the Roman Empire.
    After leaving the Colosseum, don't miss the Arch of Constantine, one of the best preserved in the world.

Before buying tickets to any monument, we recommend you check if it is profitable to book the OMMIA Vatican and the Roma Card, which allows you free and skip-the-line access to the main attractions of Rome and the Vatican.

For more information on schedules and prices you can consult this post on the Roman Colosseum: skip-the-line tickets and guided tour.

Wow, very nice place. I had visited this place 2years ago. The Colosseum is a vast amphitheatre in Rome, Italy, where gladiatorial games were held. The Flavian Amphitheater, often known as the Colosseum, is a vast amphitheatre in Rome. It was built as a gift to the Roman people during the reign of the Flavian emperors. Well, I have visited Egypt and many places. Galapagos is a really very beautiful place. I found to see many different creatures with many tiny island and clicked many photos. I had a great trip with my tour guide (Tip Top Cruises).

One of the best things to do in Rome is to go back more than 2,000 years by entering the Colosseum, its really gift for our history the most spectacular monument in the city and one of the Seven Wonders of the World.

sempre quis conhecer esse lugar!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast